Monday, September 19, 2005

My "5 tips for losing weight healthily and keeping it off" lecture

Today I gave a lecture on the title of this blog. I really didn't want to because then people expect the typical, "Eat only 0% fat though really you should never eat anything at all because otherwise you'll be fat forever." I am so crazy cynical about the way nutritionists and most of the health world deals with over-weight issues. Like just saying to someone, "eat this, don't eat that" is suddenly going to solve the person's problems. Forget the fact that the eating programs we see in our society is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo complex!

As it said in my handout sheet: You must figure out the root of a problem before you will be able to solve it.

What is the root of the problem here?

See? That's what I also hate. People trying to get down to one root. Well, just like a tree, there are tons of roots.

I think the factors affecting our eating are:
1. Psychological
2. Physical
3. Emotional
4. Environmental
5. Spiritual

On the one hand, the problems can come from any or all of those facets of our being and on the other hand, the key to fixing the problme can come from those.

FYI, here are the tips quick, without explanation (cause I don't feel like writing them right now):

1. Eat mindfully
2. Eat healthily
3. Pinpoint triggers to your unhealthy eating (psychological, emotional...)
4. Stop feeling guilty
5. Love yourself

Those are nice points, no? I'm sure that without an explanation many people who read this will not get the connection. Maybe another time I'll go into it more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home